General Advice for Contact Lens Care
The hygienic handling of contact lenses and contact lens solutions is extremely important. After any usage, the container and—if used—tweezers and suckers need to be disinfected. Even with thorough hygiene, the containers need to be changed regularly. Before using contact lens care products always read the instructions.
Pay attention to the following points as they are important for your contact lens care:
• Never use tap water.
• Wash your hands thoroughly before putting the contact lens on your fingers.
• Read the enclosed instructions and follow the advice of your optician.
• Don’t mix up contact lens solutions with each other.
• Renew your contact lens container regularly.
• Rinse your contact lenses (except daily disposables) with a suitable contact lens solution before putting them in.
• When using peroxide solutions, make sure the mandatory time for neutralization is always followed.
• Pay attention to the best before date of the contact lens solutions and the contact lenses themselves.
• Make sure the cleaning solution never comes into contact with the eye.
The selection of cleaning, storing and contact lens care solutions contains a huge variety of different products and is rather complicated for non-experts. For any contact lens, there are different products, which often can’t be combined with each other. Contact lens solutions should also be determined individually for your eyes, your tear fluid and possible allergies or intolerances. A distinction is made between contact lens solutions for soft and rigid contact lenses. While soft contact lenses can absorb fluid and foreign particles, rigid contact lenses can't keep pollutants.