Swimming and Snorkelling
Are you planning your next holiday at the beach or do you enjoy swimming before work? In general, this isn’t a problem with contact lenses. Just note that rigid contact lenses have a looser fit than soft contact lenses. In case of getting water into your diving mask or goggles, pay attention as the contact lens may come out. As rigid contact lenses are fabricated individually and therefore have a high price, this could spoil a sunny day at the beach. Soft contact lenses won’t get lost so easily, as they have a tighter fit.
The following rules apply:
• Contact lenses may not come into contact with water
• It is possible to wear contact lenses under a well fitted diving mask or goggles
• Rigid contact lenses have a looser fit than soft contact lenses
• After using contact lenses while being in the water, clean them thoroughly
• Daily disposables are the most suitable contact lenses for a day at the beach